I was supposed to write this post last night as soon as I got back from Insurgent but an unexpected event prevented me from doing so. Sorry if my memory is a little hazy.
To say I was excited for this movie would be the understatement of the century. I was counting down the days before I even knew the movie had gone into production. My best friend and I went yesterday and I literally almost tore her arm off during the hour long adverts (why are those so flipping long anyway?)
Okay, so the thing I was anticipating most when going into this film was the purpose of the mysterious box that pops up so much in the trailer since it wasn’t in the book at all. The movie changes a lot of aspects that appear in the book but it involves all of the main points: INCLUDES SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK
- Jeanine’s Erudite/Dauntless army shooting everyone with those blue bullets that allow her to control them which leads to the death of Marlene.
- Tris’ grief is portrayed well
- The truth serum scene in the Candor faction – can I just say this was great. Shailene was amazing and it was so similar to how I pictured it while reading the book.
- Peter saving Tris – though this happens in a different context to the book, the main idea is still there.
- Tobias beating Marcus in the cafeteria to prove himself
- Tris fighting Peter and being injected with the peace serum – this had to be one of my favourite scenes in the book.
- The scene where Tris was considering jumping out of a window, after admitting her role in Will’s death.
- Jack Kang’s attempt at a peace treaty.